I've mentioned that I have an exercise goal, and if I meet that goal my husband will buy me a jogging stroller. Well, we really don't have the money for one. I'm fine with that. I was willing to accept an IOU from my dear hubby, and meet my exercise goal anyway. I've also been keeping my eyes peeled for used joggers. If we could find one that I like for a good price, then we could probably swing it. I'm really okay with buying used things. Almost everything we own is used. My husband had other ideas though. He was going to get me exactly what I wanted even though we don't have money for it. Yeah, like we need more dept. But he was going to do it anyway. He said, " I know we don't have money, but you've been working really hard, and you deserve it." My love language is giving gifts, and so I really melted when he said that. He loves me, and he knows that to have the jogger I want would really make my day. I love him.
So today I went out to get the mail, with all this weighing on my mind. And what should I happen to find in the mail? Something from Stork Landing. I opened it up, and this is what the letter said:
"Congratulations on winning second place in July's drawing! You've won a $125.00 gift card to Stork Landing located in historic downtown Logan, Utah."
Um.... WHAT? I don't believe I entered any drawing, but I guess I accept! After I read the letter I tried to call Steve's name but I couldn't. I just squeaked and started crying. What a blessing! We are going to get me a jogger right now! I'm so excited, and relieved, and happy, and overcome by every other emotion. I can't believe we get a free jogger! I have no idea how this happened, but I feel so grateful to my Heavenly Father for this blessing. I can't even really express how I feel, so I'm going to stop trying and get me a stroller! I will post a picture of it soon.
Congratulations Karen! That is a great story and a great blessing!
ReplyDeleteOne reason is because you are doing everything you can and the Lord blesses the faithful. Once again, thanks for walking with me and listening to my worries.
ReplyDeleteThat is so great! Thanks for sharing. :)
ReplyDeleteWow! That is so cool. What an awesome blessing. I love it when things like that happen and if anyone deserves it, it's you. You are going to be the coolest jogging mommy ever.
ReplyDelete