Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I Am AWESOME!!!

So there have been a few things this week that just boosted my self esteem so much. I really don't have low self esteem. I used to, but since having Charles I've realized just how important I am, and what an amazing body I have. Well, my already high self esteem, plus this extra boost, has me reeling about how truly awesome I really am.

Here is the story. I work out, and I walk, and I have just started to jog. I've been doing this regularly sine June, but I really stepped it up in July. My weight has remained pretty consistent. Then all of a sudden I step on the scale and BAM I'm 10 pounds lighter than when I started! I was so excited. I only have 2 pounds to go until my pre-pregnancy weight and 62 to go until my goal weight. So since I'm so much lighter I think to myself, maybe I'm smaller too. I guess my shorts have been getting a little loose on me. So I pull out my box full of pant that I don't fit into. The last time I tried them on I couldn't get them up past my hips. This time... They all fit! Yes all of them! How exciting. I just added 6 pairs of jeans and 2 pairs of capris to my wardrobe! Really it was the best day ever. That is until today...

I made a goal at the beginning of this week that by Friday I will be able to jog to the half mile mark on my trail. Now I have never ever jogged before. I didn't know if this goal was realistic, but it was a goal and that is important. So this morning I'm jogging, I pass the bench that I got to on my first try, I pass the clump of trees from my second, I pass the place from my third. I'm feeling good and I'm not really paying attention when all of a sudden I'm passing the half mile mark! I was so excited! I made it 10 or 15 feet past it before I had to slow down because I felt like crying. I'm still in shock! I really didn't think I could do it. I've set a new goal. By Friday I will make it to the flat bridge. I know pretty much no one knows what I'm talking about, but that is where I will be on Friday. Next week, I will jog a full mile without slowing down. I've never done that before ever in my whole life. I'm really so awesome!

I love setting goals and achieving them way before I thought I would. Tomorrow I will pass that half mile mark, and go way further, and I know I can do it because I've already done it! Yay me!!!

3 comments:

  1. You are totally awesome! :)Go you for sure. I'm so glad you posted this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is totally awesome Karen. I don't think you looked like you need to lose 62 pounds so I think you must want to be about a size one or something! Good Job and keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete