Friday, October 28, 2011

Quick Catch Up

So they say that babies change so much so fast, and I am here to confirm that statement. Charlie started crawling  on Sunday the 23rd. Yes, that is only like 5 days ago, and now he is a crawling machine! He doesn't go very fast, but he does go. He is all over our apartment all the time. The days of leaving the room with him just lying on the floor are over! He tries really hard to follow me wherever I go, which makes me melt! Up until now I really thought that Steve was his favorite, but now I know that given the choice to be content with just his daddy to play with or to follow me into the other room, he will pick me! Yay!

Also Charles never ever even showed signs of wanting to pick up small objects with just his thumb and index finger, but then Monday, BAM! He wanted to eat a treat (one of those gross baby puff things that pretty much dissolve instantly in your mouth) so he picked it up and put it in his mouth. It was weird. Now I have to make sure that he can't get gunk off the floor. Its not a big problem at home, because we vacuum, but when I go work out at the church it is a problem. There are little bits of paper and other questionable things that Charlie suddenly want to eat, and now he knows that he can. Yuck. Oh well. We knew this would happen eventually.

So there you have it. My baby is suddenly a little boy who can get wherever he wants and eat whatever he wants as long as mom isn't watching. I will get a video of him crawling and put it up. You will all laugh at him. I know I do!

Another thing. We finally put Charlie's new car seat into our car (thanks to my wonderful in-laws for letting us borrow it). It is so much better that his infant car seat. I didn't realize that Charles was really too big for it! Now we have a bigger one and he fits great! He doesn't cry right when we put him in it because he knows he won't have any room to wiggle until we pull him out. His feet aren't pressed up against the seat anymore, and he sits higher in it, so he can look out the window. So far he loves it, which means I love it. I guess that the real test will be driving down to Salt Lake tomorrow. He used to start screaming about an hour into our trips, so we'll see if this is any better.

Please remind me to blog about tomorrow. It'll be great. I have my sister-in-law's baby shower, then a pumpkin carving contest, then dinner with my mom (because I'm a terrible person and didn't think of her birthday until like a week after the fact), and then a Halloween party with friends that I don't see nearly enough. That means a day full of fun with people I love, and probably no naps for a little 7 month old... We'll see how that goes.

Also we have family pictures today with my wonderfully talented friend Elise from Elise's Pieces. They will be great, so you should remind me to put them up when we get them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment