Don't get me wrong, I am incredibly happy. Happier and more content than I've ever been. My family is wonderful. My husband lifts me up so much, and I am so better because of him. My sweet baby is the funniest little boy I have ever met. He brightens my day even when he's grumpy.
Its just that I have fallen behind with losing weight. I've lost my motivation. I feel like no matter how hard I try I'm not making any progress. Its a bummer. I wish the weight would just fall off, but I need to put in a lot more effort than just wishing.
So today, in an attempt to pump myself up, or at least see how I'm doing, I decided to track what I eat with an online calorie counter. I've never counted calories before. When I was pregnant I counted carbs. A lot. And I was good at it. Now that the health of my baby does not depend on what I eat, counting carbs is nearly impossible. So I put everything I ate today, and I do mean EVERYTHING, into this calorie counter. I did try to not over eat, but not very hard. And it turns out that today I consumed 1796 calories. That's not bad at all. Also, looking over what I ate, and what I should cut out if I want to lose weight, I learned that I only need to cut out 2 pieces of my delightful Toblerone that I got for Christmas and I am there. Which is great news! I don't need to make a big change, I just need to cut down on the chocolate!
Now, can anyone tell me how to cut down on chocolate? Once I get that tip I'll be set...
I've found one of the best ways to cut down on chocolate is to still allow myself to eat some, but I put a small portion in a spot and know that's all I get to eat for the day. Then, I'm not feeling pressured by thinking "AH, I can't eat anything good!" Also, portion control makes a difference. Even if you cut back just a little bit of what you're already eating, it helps a lot :) You're awesome and doing great!
ReplyDeleteI feel ya! I am having a hard time losing weight too. I know I can do it because I have done it before I just am not trying hard enough and I am lacking the motivation.
ReplyDeleteI, too, started feeling stuck in weight loss. I don't know if it's necessarily the weight I want to lose as much as the pudginess. I started doing Zumba again last week and felt so great because I did it four times last week and then again today. After I did it today I saw myself in the mirror and thought "Nothing's changed. What's the point?" haha I guess we can't expect quick results and we have to realize that it's normal to have a slow-down in weight loss eventually. You are doing awesome though, even though you might not feel like it. I agree with the portion control. I would also suggest purchasing a...more healthy snacking option. For example, I have the chocolate rice cakes. There is also chocolate Special K cereal. Try to find something that would satisfy your desire other than chocolate. I have also been wondering if the gum Dessert Delights would help a craving for sweets because it tastes like dessert. :) Don't give up!
ReplyDelete