Yesterday was my three year anniversary! I am so lucky to be married to my wonderful husband, Steve. He really has been such a huge impact on the person that I've become, and the person that I strive to be. I know that he will always be there to support me and our family. I feel so blessed for every day that I get to spend with him. It was nice to be able to celebrate.
This year, because we are very poor, we decided to have a simple date. We left Charlie at my sister's and did a session in the Salt Lake Temple. For those of you who don't know, I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I was sealed for time and all eternity to my husband in the Salt Lake Temple 3 years ago. We decided that this was the perfect way to celebrate. We've never done a session in the Salt Lake Temple, so I was very excited. It was beautiful! I think I want to go their all the time. I was so overcome with the spirit. After our session we were able to do some sealings. While we were there an old friend's mother came in with some family names. It was nice to see her again, though we didn't have time to talk at all.
After the temple Steve and I went to dinner. Steve got a nice crisp hundred dollar bill in his Christmas card from HJ (the company that he will be working for in August) that has been sitting in his sock drawer. We decided that we should do something fun with it, and this seemed like a great opportunity to use it. We went to a restaurant called The Five Alls. I went there for prom in high school, and I remembered that it was so so so so good. Steve and I both agree that if you're going to spend $100 on dinner that is definitely the place to go. They serve a 5 course meal, so you really get what you pay for. We left so stuffed, with plenty of leftovers. I think we might go there for every anniversary.
We also exchanged gifts for our anniversary. I got Steve a hot air popcorn maker, which we have tested and deemed awesome. Steve was much more thoughtful and bought me 3 pearl bracelets. They are wire with beads and pearls that are Charlie proof. I've had some problems with my other pearl bracelet that include it breaking because I have a grabby baby. My new bracelets are so pretty. I really love them. They are white, black, and pink pearls, so I have one to match everything I wear.
I love my husband, and I loved out anniversary celebration. I look forward to our future together.
No comments:
Post a Comment