Thursday, March 15, 2012

One year old stats

We went to the doctor today for Charlie's one year check up. Here are his stats:

Weight: 23 lbs 10 oz - 70th percentile
Height: 31 1/4 in - 90th percentile
Head measurement: 17 3/4 in - 25th percentile

So what do we really know about Charlie? He's a big boy. He's super tall, and he has a small head. Just like always. We also learned that we can transition from formula to cow's milk. Am I the only person scared of this? It seems like a big step. It also seems really great and a whole lot less expensive. But its scary for some reason. I think its the idea that we have to start feeding him like a person and not a baby really soon. I am so not emotionally ready to have a little boy. I want him to stay a baby forever. I want him to need me for everything forever.

And here is a funny story about my little boy and how funny he is. All day he's been make a fake pouty face with a few real pouty faces thrown in. So tonight he wouldn't go to bed for forever, and I was frustrated. Steve has to sleep because he needs to be to work at 4 am, so I can't let Charlie cry in his crib. So I finally decided to just ignore him and forget about trying to put him to bed. He was playing next to me on the couch being annoying and clingy when he made another fake pouty face. I made one back to him and he smiled. And then suddenly he was leaning in with his tongue hanging out and he planted the wettest kiss right on my lips. It was so funny! I laughed so hard and I instantly forgot that I was irritated with him. What a boy. Its like he knew exactly what to do to soften my heart.

I really am glad he's growing up. I'm glad that I get to watch him see everything for the first time, and I'm glad that I have the opportunity to get to know his sweet personality. A baby could never be as funny as my little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment